Kentucky Club (New York)
Located on West 49th Street between 7th Avenue and Broadway in New York, the Kentucky Club had previously been called the Hollywood Club. By spring 1925 the club had closed and reopened as the Kentucky Club. Duke Ellington and his Kentucky Club Orchestra, a five-piece band, were the main feature for about two more years before the band left to play at the Cotton Club in 1927. The Kentucky Club is very often mentioned in reference to Duke Ellington and his band. For more on Duke Ellington at the Kentucky Club, see Current Biography, 1941 & 1970.